If you’re seeking trustworthy and experienced analytical laboratories, Pittsburgh Mineral & Environmental Technology (PMET) is a perfect choice. We provide prequalified contractors with analytical laboratory services for soils, concrete, asphalt, metal, plastic, ceramic, rubber, oil, coatings, and plating.
We use sophisticated analytical techniques to study and test various materials. PMET provides analytically derived information for troubleshooting, research, quality control, and many other purposes and applications through its laboratory instrumentation, testing methods, and analytical laboratory techniques.
We also provide analytical laboratory testing methods and instrumentation and analysis methodologies for clients who need troubleshooting information, research data collection, and quality control. Our team of experts has years of expertise in the sector, so you can trust that you will receive outstanding service.
Building Materials Testing Laboratory
As a materials testing expert, PMET provides a wide range of testing services for building materials used in the construction sector to help ensure that they are safe and meet the demands. All construction materials get subjected to testing and comply with relevant industry norms established by national and international Building Codes. PMET offers complete building material testing and evaluation services for components and applications utilized as standalone items or as a system.
Our services address the need for defining many performance criteria to authenticate material characteristics, such as:
- Moisture Movement
- Thermal Conductivity
- Corrosion Resistance
- Fire Resistance
- Mechanical Properties
- Water Penetration Resistance
- Structural Properties
Our laboratory industrial services also provide complete on-site testing programs, failure analysis investigations, and consulting services. We can assist with sample selection and regular quality checks of local producers. Our objective is to guarantee your materials’ structural integrity, safety, and longevity in your construction project.
What is Industrial Lab Testing?
Industrial lab testing verifies the quality of a product or material by analyzing it in a laboratory setting. This type of testing can assess the durability, safety, and performance of a product. Industrial labs can also test building materials, such as concrete and asphalt.
We provide industrial lab testing services for clients in various industries, including construction, and manufacturing. Reach out to us to learn more about our analytical Laboratories or industrial lab testing services!
Construction Materials Testing Lab
Construction Materials Testing (CMT) is the testing of materials used to construct new developments. The services covered by a comprehensive CMT process are highly dependent on the project, the location, and the scope of services provided. Certification for particular CMT expertise is available from various agencies, including DOT, ACI, EPA, etc.
At PMET, we recognize that quality control and assurance should not be an afterthought in any project. Our commitment to quality in construction materials testing and inspections is the difference between a project’s long-term success and avoidable mistakes. Our staff uses scientific testing methods and expertise in sampling procedures to help you navigate tight project parameters, construction deadlines, and government regulations. Our experts diligently carry out tests from our licensed office labs and mobile laboratories, ensuring that you get correct and timely results.
- Asphalt and Bituminous Materials
- Concrete and Cement
- Wood Moisture and Framing Inspection
- Fire Safety
- Asphalt batch plant and pavement construction inspection
- Concrete batch plant inspection
- We test the soil, concrete, asphalt, and other construction materials in a lab
- Curtain wall, waterproofing inspection, and testing
- Earthwork Soils and Aggregate
- Structural Steel Inspections & Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Water and Chemical injection observation
Laboratory Industrial Testing Services
PMET provides clients worldwide with high-quality control, research, testing, measurement, and certification services for industry, trade, markets, organizations, and governments.
Consumer, petroleum, chemical, materials, energy, minerals, and other industries are among those that benefit from PMET’s cutting-edge laboratory services. Testing gets conducted to meet ASTM standards, ISO, and various industry criteria.
PMET laboratory testing services:
- Carbon and Sulfur Analysis
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- Soxhlet Extraction
- Oxygen/Hydrogen/Nitrogen Determination
- Failure Analysis Services
- Fuel Testing
- Consumer Goods
- Corrosion Testing
- Cosmetic Testing
- Independent analytical services
- XRD analysis
- Materials Analysis
- Qualitative & Quantitative X-Ray Diffraction (QXRD)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Energy Dispersive X-Ray Analysis (EDX)
- Carbon & Sulfur Analysis
- Particle Size Analysis
- Microhardness Testing
- Weld Failure
- Corrosion Analysis
- Failure Analysis of Welds, Material, Coatings, etc.
- Material Testing
- Environmental Testing
- Chemical Analysis
- CP Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-AES)
- ICP Mass Spectroscopy (ICP-MS)
- Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectrometry (SEM/EDS)
- Atomic Emission Spectroscopy (AES/OES)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Plating Identification
- Density, Porosity & Oil Content
- Classical Wet Chemistry
- Moisture Analysis
- Sieve Analysis
- Metallurgical Analysis
- Contaminants Testing
- Microstructure Analysis to Evaluate Materials
- Grain size (ASTM E112)
- Extent of Carburization & Decarburization
- Intergranular Attack & Oxidation
- Alpha Case/Surface Contamination
- Percent Spheroidization
- Inclusion Rating (ASTM E45)
- Plating Thickness
- Case Depth
- Carbide Precipitation
- Ferrite by Point Count (ASTM E562)
- Nodularity, Nodule Count
- Eutectic Melting
- Volume fraction of various phases or second phase particles in metals
- Test Methods / Standards
- ASME Sect. IX
- ASTM A247 – GRAPHITE MICROSTRUCTURE TESTING SERVICES
- ASTM A262 – Standard Practices for Detecting Susceptibility to Intergranular Attack in Austenitic Stainless Steels
- ASTM E112 Standard Test Methods for Determining Average Grain Size
- ASTM E1268 Standard Practice for Assessing the Degree of Banding or Orientation of Microstructures
- ASTM E2142 Standard Test Methods For Rating And Classifying Inclusions In Steel Using The Scanning Electron Microscope
- ASTM E3
- STM E407
- ASTM E45
- ASTM E562
- ASTM E883
- ASTM E92
- MIL Specifications
- Additive Manufacturing Testing
- PMET offers a suite of Metal Additive Manufacturing Testing services for metal powders and wires, 3D prototypes, and finished products. Our test results provide the information you need for Powder Characterization, Site Acceptance, Machine Qualification, and Post-Process Validation.
- Powder Characterization
- Specimen Machining
- Complex Extractions
- Build Cut Ups
- Build Characterization
- Machine Qualification
- Mechanical Testing
- Chemistry Analysis