About Mechanical Inspections
PMET offers a complete mechanical integrity program or partial corrosion/erosion monitoring program of existing and new piping and equipment. The following services are available for included in this failure prevention program:
- Perform risk assessment and prioritization for inspections and maintenance planning for pressure-containing equipment.
- Predict corrosion rates based on archived thickness measurements.
- Perform process hazards analysis as required by OSHA 29CFR, Chapter XVII 1910.119.
- Verify thickness of plant piping, production equipment, pressure valves and tanks using ultrasonic thickness equipment. Map thickness readings for permanent records.
- Calculate maximum allowable working pressures and life expectancies of equipment and piping.
- Arrange replacement of piping and equipment reaching critical minimum thickness requirements without a failure of equipment or unexpected plant shutdown.
- Prevent and minimize the consequences of catastrophic releases of toxic, reactive, flammable, or explosive chemicals and gases.